Leather Loop Rattle/Movement

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cyberstven, May 16, 2015.

1. Cyberstven macrumors regular

Hey Guys,
    I got my leather loop band and really like it overall. One thing I have noticed is that the magnets in the watch seem to rattle when I move my wrist around. It makes a slight noise (which is no big deal), but what is really bothering me is that the rattling/movement within the band almost tricks me into thinking I received a taptic feedback alert.

I'm really hoping that mine is defective as this could be a deal-breaker for me.
    Not sure what the alternative is, but if I keep thinking that I am getting alerts, it kind of disrupts the "solid state" feeling I have with the sports band.

Mostly curious if anyone else has noticed anything similar?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, several members have reported this side effect with the Milanese and leather loops and it's not a sign of a defect, unfortunately. I'm not sure what you can do other than getting a different band (link bracelet, etc.) that doesn't have this side effect.

3. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

The magnets aren't rattling. As your wrist flexes or moves, it's pulling the strap backward through the loop hole one magnet at a time. As a result, it makes a clicking noise. Just something you have to get used to over time.

There's nothing wrong with your strap.

And if it bothers a lot, just try another strap.

4. Cyberstven thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply all. As I mentioned, I'm not very concerned about the noise. It's actually not pulling the strap through the loop hole at all when giving me this sensation. It's unfortunate, but I'll give it a try for a few days to see if it is a big deal during daily use.

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

hmm, that a is strange then.

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Like many others, I have had the same issue. The first day I hated it almost enough to take it off and order a new band, but after a few days I got totally used to it. Now I don't even notice it and I'm glad I got it.

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Other users have posted that loosening the band by one magnetic segment sometimes helped.