Leather Loop Sizing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DanUC6, Mar 11, 2015.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

This may apply to other bands but I need help. I measured my wrist circumference and its around 180. The two sizes meet around 185. 150-185 and 185-210. My question is do I go smaller to ensure a tight fit or go larger to have a little wiggle room. I never wear watches and it sucks being right in the middle. If I measure tightly I am around 175. Thanks for your input.

2. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Haha. I have the exact same issue.

My solution? I'm switching to the Milanese loop instead! Only one size!

3. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

Schedule a reservation on April 10th, the day preorders go up. The Apple store will have them on display and you can try them on with a reservation and make your preorder when you've decided on the one you want.

4. griefrev macrumors member

My wrist measured about 225mm. Oh well, I guess it's no :apple:watch for me.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

With the loop, it really doesn't matter which size you get if you are in the middle. It's infinitely adjustable, so either size will work for you. That said, my instinct is to go larger, but I really wouldn't sweat it if I were you.

6. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually leaning smaller. Rather not have the excess strap hanging there.

----------

While I think it looks nice it screams female to me. It's just my opinion obviously. It's really nice though.

7. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

The thing is, I don't want to go to an Apple Store. It's a hassle. I don't live near one. My fear was the smaller strap might be tight to get off unless you undo the loop entirely and might look silly with just a little bit of overlap. Also how much magnetic overlap would there be? The larger strap might be just that much too big that it won't be snug. And the long overlap might be cumbersome.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it. Apple are superb designers and both options will fit beautifully.

In the end it was a risk I didn't want to take.

8. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Makes sense. I just wish if I order the medium and I need the large I could go in and swap the band. Not have to return the whole watch.

9. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

Same issue with me. I am at 185-187 depending on how tight I want it. I would go with the longer as it would end on the inner side of your wrist. The shorter loop would end at the outer side of your wrist and MIGHT increase the chance of it snagging on something and releasing the magnets.

Btw, it's 180-210.

10. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I love the look of the leather loop.

I just wish it was different in two ways.

I wish it was one size fits all like the Milanese loop.

And I also wish the parts of the band that connecting to the watch case were steel, like the classic buckle. I just think the leather loop looks like it might be fragile.

Hope I'm wrong.

11. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I am in the same situation as I have a 180mm wrist. I am leaning towards a medium as I think the excessive slack might not look good and I just don't consider my wrist a "large". I might order a sport band also with it in case when I get the watch and it doesn't fit right, I can at least use the sport band out of the gate.

The leather loop is one of the few bands that can pass for business casual and casual at the same time. I like the look of the blue one.

12. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

That's my current favoured solution: Order the SS with black sports band, so that at least I have something I know that fits, then order the leather loop as an extra that I can return if it doesn't fit. Which size I'll try first? Still undecided!

13. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

That is my plan. I believe the SS with sports band will come with 2 bands since buying the strap separate will. I believe the SS with sports will sell pretty well.

14. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Getting the brown to match my olive brown iPhone leather case! What a dork ☺️

15. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I'm a 165mm wrist so I should get the medium, correct?

16. Watchnut macrumors newbie

The Apple leather loop sizing seems crazy. I have a 180mm wrist as well and choosing the right band size requires way too much thought. It seems like it will either be too small or too big. I cannot find any videos showing a person trying on the leather loop band. It's like all the reviewers ignored it at the Apple events. Anyway, who knows how popular this band will be when pre orders start. I would hate to not pre order and go into the store on April 10th to see the bands and find out they are sold out. I guess I will choose another band to avoid the issue.

17. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Watch bands state size ranges they can comfortably handle. The top and bottom numbers are not extremes. It's not like "sure, you can fit up to 185mm but it'll probably fall off all the time." So if you're really 185mm you can pick either one, just decide whether you think your 185mm is your peak size or minimum size. Your wrist will change sizes throughout the day, you knew that right?

Measure your wrist in the morning for your generally smallest size.

And honestly, if you have an Apple store around, why don't you just go try them on? Worried these are all going to sell out day 1? So what? You would rather have a watch you hate than wait a little while? If you have to return it due to size, you'll probably wait even longer.