Leather MBP bag!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kenzembo1, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I apologize for starting yet another thread on bags :rolleyes:, but (as a new college grad) I'm in the market for a more professional-looking leather messenger-type bag. A few months ago, someone on here posted a bag that looked really cool...it was dark brown (leather), with a (lime) green interior (if I remember correctly), also it was ideal for a 13" MBP (ie. slim design, etc.)

It was kind of pricey (somewhere around $200), which is why I didn't pull the trigger on it previously but now I seriously wish I would have! Unfortunately, I don't know what the make of the bag was or the website and I scoured this website in an attempt to find the thread, but it's dated by now (since it was started last fall) and I was unable to find it.

I guess I'm posting this on a whim with the chance that someone else knows what I'm talking about, or that the original poster comes forward. Thanks in advance guys, any help/insight/advice would be greatly appreciates! :eek:

2. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nevermind...

I found it! It's designed by WaterField Designs and it's called the "Muzetto"...here's a link: http://www.sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm

What do you guys think? Overpriced for what it is? I like the style of the bag...does anyone have any experience with this product or the company?

3. Ardoptres macrumors regular

God that's ugly looking considering the price.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'd rather have a MOO than that one... ;)

The MOO-bags are extremely expensive, but when the time comes to replace my tired, old MacBook with something new and shiny, I'm probably gonna get it a MOO to travel in... :cool:

5. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Those bags look pretty slick! I like the "Strapping Lad Cow" bag but the description is vague and it does not say whether it can fit a 13" laptop with extras (gives no view of the insides)...also, there's no price listed. How much do these bags typically cost :confused:

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I've had waterfield sleeves for years (and several apples) and their products are first rate - very durable (although I admit a cordura nylon fetish :p).

7. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

That's pretty pricey. In all honesty, brenthaven is the way to go. Find a brenthaven bag and I promise you won't be sorry!

Good luck with your bag hunting and on graduating!

Habitus :apple:

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I have no idea what they sell for around the world, but here in Norway they're about NOK 3500 including 25% VAT (though I have occasionally seen them dipping under NOK 3000).

Now, if you strip VAT and convert to USD, that could indicate a price around $500 for the business ME-SO-BUSY-COW in the NY stores that sell it...or more...

All those that can accommodate 15" (and some 17") laptops should carry a 13" MacBook (Pro) and some extras:

[​IMG]

9. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I use a Fossil Jackson EW Messenger bag with a Waterfield sleeve. I love it. Looks very cool and unique and has plenty of storage without seeming overly large. There are lots of nice Fossils to fit different sizes of laptops.

10. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow! That's a lot more expensive than I was looking to spend lol. It's a nice bag though, I just can't afford that on my (still student) salary.

That's not bad at all especially for the price! I wonder if they would have something like this at the local Fossil outlet store - I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the wish of good luck...I'm going to need it when it comes time to take the GMAT exam this spring! I'll take a look at the Brenthaven bags, but the ones I've seen are nylon-type material. I'm looking for something more professional, like a briefcase alternative (something with a nice leather finish).

11. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I bought mine at a Fossil store in the local mall. They also have a 90 day satisfaction guarantee.

12. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

My closest store is an outlet location in Grove City (approximately 45 minutes from my place)...I'll probably just call to see if they carry the bag. It looks pretty good and it's in my price range, so obviously that's important! lol. That's really all I was looking for...something I can wear with a suit or dressed up, instead of toting my backpack. In business school they say college is supposed to get you "from backpack to briefcase"...although I'm not really into the whole briefcase thing and I find something like this to be a far better alternative (and compromise between the two) ;)

13. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

My bag is perfect for a 15" MBP with a sleeve. You will probably want to see what they have in something smaller for a 13", and you'll need a sleeve since there is little padding to protect it.