Leather or Polyurethane?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by A Macbook Pro, Mar 23, 2011.

1. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

So I'm buying an iPad 2 soon and want to know the pros and cons of both of these. I'm thinking of going with the Black (maybe red) leather. Anybody got any stores or opinions to share?

2. seanpholman macrumors regular

I have the red leather one and like it a lot. I think the leather colors are better and they seem put together better than the poly ones.

--Sean

3. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Leather. That Italian leather smell so good.. Lol gives it classy look.

4. mcarthon macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Class-go leather
    Cool-go poly

5. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm in the same situation, but I'm not sure if the price difference is worth the satisfaction difference.

Anyone have both? See any potential problems down the road with either one?

6. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Since its a novelty cover with little protection I ended up with the cheaper poly (grey) which works fine.

You will end up getting a proper sleeve or case anyway so unless you really love leather despite it staying hidden for the most part, you can save the money and put toward the external shell.