Leather or silicone-bright color

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mik202, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Mik202, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015

Mik202 macrumors newbie

Hello.

I know its a taste but I dont know which case to buy! any advice?

I wondering - bright silicone case (attract dust?) or leather? I prefer bright cases on my white phone, Dark colors don't looks nice on white front .

I really like the Rose gray leather case, but read pretty bad comments about this color,

All the cases in the store are sealed in the box, they dont have a display to see hows looks like...

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

If you want the case to look even and not develop the leather patina look then get dark leather or the silicone. The lighter leather get that old worn leather look fairly quickly as the leather is aniline.

3. Sean006 macrumors 6502

I prefer the silicone. I have the saddle brown and I'm not a fan of how much of a worn look it got after a month. It just looks dirty to me. I now have the charcoal and red silicone that I switch out.

4. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

I love the luxe look of some of Apple's leather cases but I prefer the silicone for bright colors. I've never had a problem with silicone attracting dust. Just the opposite in fact. They seem to stay clean and don't fade. Plus I carry my iPhone in my shirt pocket, and the silicone provides just enough friction so when I lean over the phone doesn't flop out of my pocket. Yet another plus for the silicone cases by Apple is that they add minimal bulk, and with a 6s Plus the phone itself is already big enough. Other cases offer more protection but the price in added bulk is too high for me. Between a tempered glass screen protector (a must IMHO) and the silicone case I get sufficient protection for how I do what I do.