Leather Sea Blue Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mclaugaa, Apr 11, 2017.

1. mclaugaa macrumors newbie

I bought a leather Sea blue case for my 7 back in December.

The "aging" process has left this case with a nasty green color around the edges.
    I know when I had issues with my old silicone cases, Apple allowed me to replace it since it was within a few month time span of purchasing, but I wasn't sure if leather aging and looking gross would be a similar situation to peeling silicone.

Does anyone out there have some insight? Do we think a trip to the Apple Store would be worth it, or should I just order a replacement case.

Thanks.

2. Appleloves22 macrumors 6502

Appleloves22

A trip to the store would be worth it. They'll exchange it for you. I did with my product red leather case recently because it had a tear in it. I purchased it the same time the 7 came out.

3. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Do you mind posting a picture? I think it's an undeniable fact the leather cases age, but it's still interesting to see how fast and to what extent. I've always stuck with the black case to avoid this problem, but recently purchased the new berry case, who's color brand new I was really taken with. Now that it's just over two weeks old (and past the return date), I'm trying to appreciate the 'character' patina adds. It's hard not to think it's just dirty and needs to be cleaned. As for your case, I would suggest taking it to a store for their opinion. They mostly will say the discoloration is normal, but might offer you a 'one time only' swap for a new. Please let us know how it works out for you.