Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Hello,

I'm looking for a nice and thin leather(imitation) sleeve for my MBA. I don't need extra pockets or such.
I've found some but they all have magnetic clasps... So I'm wondering if there is the possibility of damaging my MBA because of these magnets?
Also I'm not sure if I should buy a sleeve for just 18€/20$ or a better one for 70€?
Or could someone recommend a leather sleeve for a MBA?

Thank you for your help!!

jmoore5196

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2009
Russellville AR
I have two of the Turkish-made Beyza Cases sleeves - one black, the other a tan that I thought would be closer to burnt orange. You can find them here:

http://www.beyzacases.com

These are the thinnest leather sleeves in the world, and they are not cheap. The MBA is open at the hinge plate. However, I've travelled extensively with my MBA in a Beyza sleeve and have never had a problem.

I've also had sleeves from Acme (left indelible black marks on my Wrapsol) Hammerhead and Incase. I still prefer the Beyza case ... it's as close as I can get to having nothing at all on my MacBook Air.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I have two of the Turkish-made Beyza Cases sleeves - one black, the other a tan that I thought would be closer to burnt orange. You can find them here:

http://www.beyzacases.com

These are the thinnest leather sleeves in the world, and they are not cheap. The MBA is open at the hinge plate. However, I've travelled extensively with my MBA in a Beyza sleeve and have never had a problem.

I've also had sleeves from Acme (left indelible black marks on my Wrapsol) Hammerhead and Incase. I still prefer the Beyza case ... it's as close as I can get to having nothing at all on my MacBook Air.

Thanks a lot!! I almost bought it but then I've seen these are only for 11'' :/ my MBA is a 13'' :(

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Magnetic closure is not an issue, it's been asked before. Although personally I don't want anything metal near my Mac and risk making a scratch on its aluminum skin. I prefer velcro myself.

How should we know how much you want to spend? Your accountant may have the answer, not us.

If this 563 pages replies don't have the information u seek then I dunno:

The MacBook Air "Bags, Sleeves & Cases" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.