Leather sleeve that closes

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jbrady3324, Apr 3, 2012.

1. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

Does anyone know of a leather sleeve that closes (zipper, Velcro, etc)? This would be for business use. Prefer a slim fit

2. Cutterschoice macrumors member

3. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

I do like that case but it is expensive for what you are getting (can find better quality on etys for the same price).

To be more specific, I am looking for a leather case that closes (to protect from weather), has compartments (at the minimum to hold business cards and/or a pen and/or a notepad), and looks good enough for business use. I know there are all-in-one solutions out there like this but I am just looking for a sleeve that offers this functionality.

I would accept a non-leather sleeve that meets these functional requirements

Something like this but better quality and perhaps opens horizontally

http://www.luggagepoint.com/delsey-helium-business-ipad-netbook-sleeve

John

4. rebelw/acause macrumors member

rebelw/acause

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

6. ChrisRocksOK macrumors newbie

I did a WHOLE lot of research on a case for my iPad 3. I ended up buying a beautiful leather folio from beyzacase. It's slimline, fits like a glove, has a spot that I can clip my stylus to, and has a beautiful stand that's almost identical to the official smart stand. It closes magnetically and has the smart sleep function the smart stand has. I like it a whole bunch.

Think it costs a bit more though. I've gotten several compliments about it - it's a beautiful looking case (I have a tan one).

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Here in the UK shipping times keep slipping....I had a hard enough time getting a Belkin snap shell for the back. My Kavja WAS due for pre order on the 4 th of April.....Now it's the 10th....At least the back won't get scratched up.

8. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

9. JeffMorse macrumors regular

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Now you've done it....That's a lot more than I was going to spend, and I'm not even sure they ship to the UK but I really like this one too:

http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1766

----------

And there is my answer I guess...If it gets stopped in customs it would be subject to import duty PLUS 20% VAT...:mad:

Dear International Customers:
    We have no control over whether or not you will be charged a VAT customs fee and /or third party handling charges.

According to our observations only 1 out of 15-20 packages incur customs charges, therefore we don’t impose these fees automatically.

Depending on the country involved, VAT charges range from $10-$30 with handling fees from $3-$20. Unfortunately, Oberon Design cannot be responsible for these types of charges nor can we describe your package as a gift or sample. Thanks for your understanding of the potential costs involved.

11. JeffMorse macrumors regular

If it makes it easier on you, these are not smart covers and will not turn off the ipad when you close it. That's my main gripe. The craftsmanship and quality of materials is amazing though. This is my third or fourth Oberon, going all the way back to the Kindle 2. I'm pretty sure you could tie this behind your car and drive for 20 miles and have the ipad in perfect shape.

12. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's exactly what I've been looking for, I don't want magnets and I don't use a smart cover....It's just too much of a risk...with my luck it will get grabbed at customs.....Shame, the quality looks superb, and they are so different and distinctive.....Have a buddy going back to NY on a business trip...Might be worth a try I guess.

13. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

The Targus seems nice. How slim is the profile?

I am still looking for other options as well.

14. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

15. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I should be more clear that I don't a case, I just need a sleeve. I already have a smart cover+shell