Leather Smart Cover Durability?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by h1r0ll3r, Apr 25, 2012.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I've been using my leather smart cover for a little bit now and am wondering what the durability of these things is like? For those of you that have used leather smart covers before, how have they held up thus far? Mine has a few minor scratches but nothing to get bent out of shape over. I generally carry the iPad in a sleeve since the smart cover+back case doesn't provide a whole lot in terms of protection. I paid $70 for this thing so just curious if I need to baby it or if it can take a beating and still look nice.

2. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I'm glad u posted this. I have an iPad 2 and the new iPad. One of the smart covers in the photo is 1 year old used every day and the other I bought last Friday...4/20 at the apple store.

[​IMG]

I used leather honey. It makes the cover repel water without making it shiny. The used one I wipe down with a slightly wet cloth inside & out once a month. I retreat it with leather honey every 3 months or so after I wipe it down & let it dry.

They are both treated in the photo.

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I have a year old leather smart cover..slight scratches but it held up amazing,just bought my second leather cover with my ipad3

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have a black one that I've been using for like a month. Looks good. Wouldn't mind getting a second leather one but things are pricey.

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

1 years' use, over 1 million air miles, 90+ different cities, 38 countries and over 250 days on construction sites where my "desk" was a piece of metal-shaving covered plywood nailed across two sawhorses or a sawdust-covered stack of sheetrock.

Other than a few scrapes and scratches, still looks nice! When I travel and shine my shoes, I often wipe the rag over the cover when I'm done. Just enough to keep it shiny.

Attached Files: