Leather Spray protector the 5s leather case.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Just like we do with suede and leather jackets, I wonder if I spray it with leather protector it will protect it from dirt?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I sprayed a Michael Kors leather protectant spray on my black leather case. I followed the directions and let it dried for 12 hours. Because its black, I don't really know if it stained the case, but I didn't like the texture that the spray left on the case. It felt plasticy, but it didn't do that to the actually leather bag.

I want to know if it actually protects against dirt or if it stains the case in any way. I want to get a red case, but it will get dirty so easily, so I don't know if its worth it, but I don't want the spray to actually ruin the case too and prevent me from returning it.

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Keep in mind you are now protecting a case, which is designed to protect a phone.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

5. mirz2000 macrumors regular

I was just looking into this the other day! I really want the red case, but have been hesitant to buy since it will just look murky in a week (love my black case though).

I read that the best way to "clean" aniline leather is to protect it in the first place, with a spray, or other protector. The down side is this can change the texture or color, which sort of defeats the purpose.

There seem to be mixed reviews about the Kiwi sprays, but that is what I was considering. Also, some people say if you use a spray designed for suede or nubuck that would tend to be better for aniline.

Of course then there is this...

Which makes me realize how silly it all is. :eek:

Maybe I will just stick with the black.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

good point.. i should consider suede or nubuck spray.. extra 5/6 bucks wouldn't hurt to protect the look.