Leave T-Mobile with NO ETF!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jake36wi41, Jul 10, 2008.

1. jake36wi41
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

T-Mobile text rates are going up ($.20 per message, does anybody remember when they were $.05?) and you'll be given the option to opt out of your contract without paying the $200 termination fee. The only problem is this starts on 7/27 (since rates are going up at the end of August). Confirmed this w/ customer service last night. Of course this was only after I informed HIM that the rates were going up. Little ridiculous.

Anyway, long story short, I'll be calling back this weekend to see if I can get them to bump me up so i can leave them ASAP and not have to pay the fee. A lot of work to save $200, but so worth it to get off that crappy service!

2. Tytanius
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

You should be able to cancel your contract now. I have chatted with a few people that have. I have been planning on doing this few a few weeks now myself.

3. jake36wi41
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

Very cool, I'll be on the phone w/ them as soon as possible to try and get out. Love that their greed is what's allowing me to get out of my contract.

4. Tytanius
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

I am getting out of two separate accounts but I hope they still let me even though I have unlimited texting on one already. I may have to wait an extra month and take off texting or something.

5. jake36wi41
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

I was told that you can take the unlimited texting off and THEN request to cancel b/c of the rising rates (take the w/ a grain of salt from the CS rep that didn't even know rates were going up). While it'll be sad to see my $10 unlimited text/mobile to mobile "Buddy Time" go, I'll be glad to get off a service that doesn't provide reception in my apartment in the middle of Los Angeles.