leaving a note when returning iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allR, Aug 11, 2009.

1. allR macrumors newbie

Hi, tonight I called applecare because my iPhone has a good crack near the vibrator button and another one near the headphone jack. The problem is that my phone got pretty damaged by my incase slider. The corners have many small dots and lines caused by dust when removing the case. It might look like I have dropped my phone or not taking good care of it, wich is absolutly false... The guy on the phone was a bit skeptic and asked me if I didnt drop it or anything but still accepted to send me an empty box to send it. My question is should I leave a litle note in the box with my iPhone explaining the same thing as I just did in this post?
    thanks!

2. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

Ha.. wouldn't hurt i suppose.

I once sent a note along with my Macbook Pro when I sent it in.. I kinda joked that if it was beyond repair, that they should feel free to send me a brand new unibody. Sadly, I did not get a brand new unibody =(. They didn't even send me a playful note back... oh well.

3. allR thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your suggestion,
    happened to others too?

4. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

i dont see any point in a note. im sure apple gets tons of people trying to defraud them with fake "oh i didnt drop this at all" stories. all they do is look at your device and decide for themselves what to do with it and whether its considered under warranty repair or not.