leaving haptic crown disabled?

shappp91

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
i feel maybe leaving it on will weaken the haptic crown over time? Has there ever been any issues with the haptic engine giving out at all in other devices? If not, I'll just enable it again so it'll do what it's marketed to do lol

before the cyber bullies come at me, resale was also in mind lmao.

Dormammu

macrumors 65816
i feel maybe leaving it on will weaken the haptic crown over time? Has there ever been any issues with the haptic engine giving out at all in other devices? If not, I'll just enable it again so it'll do what it's marketed to do lol

I turned mine off. I didn’t care for the haptic feedback in the crown nor saw a purpose. Upside, save some battery! :)

Reactions: shappp91

barjam

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
Based on how it works highly unlikely regular usage would make it fail. I have never heard an account of the haptic stuff failing before.

Resale on these things is awful. I wouldn’t get too worked up about that.

Reactions: Peter K.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

I’m Not aware of any other haptic engine issues with the previous Apple Watch models. But I didn’t know that you could disable it either, so good to know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.