Leaving Home page blank.?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Jukes316, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Jukes316 macrumors regular

Any way to leave the Home Page blank? Except for dock of course.
    I had it that way after I updated to iOS5 but I think once I went to the search page (left of Home) it deleted that page and moved everything over. (3 to 2, 2 to 1).
    Anyone got any ideas? Like having a blank Home page for a nice wallpaper.

2. dooper3 macrumors newbie

Can't you just drag all the icons off to the next page? Or does it remove blank pages?

3. Jukes316 thread starter macrumors regular

Well first I tried doing it through Itunes, but it wouldn't let me leave first page blank.
    So I did exactly what yours saying. Left one there just to get everything where I wanted then moved it over after syncing.
    But then it deleted the first page once I went to the Search Page. (Thinking that's what caused it, not 100% tho).

4. dooper3 macrumors newbie

Yep it's actually that you went out of the moving mode - as soon as you're done making changes it removes blank pages I believe. I had thought that was only blank pages at the end (last page being blank), but it must be at the start too. Sounds like you'll have to leave at least one icon there...

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It's called Spotlight, but I know what you're saying. You seem to have done this right as before you could do this in iTunes. I guess it's possible Apple no longer allows you to have a blank first page.

6. BERRYP186 macrumors member

You have to have the search page but just move everthing over several pages so there is at least one open but the dock is there.

7. Jukes316 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the responses guys. Guess I'll have to wait for a JB or something.
    Don't want to keep moving them, then it just reverse after I go to "SpotLight".

8. Beardsley84 macrumors newbie

Yeah it's possible. All you gotta do is start dragging the app icons starting from the first one on the last screen into a new one to the right and keep going till your first screen is blank. The phone will erase the blank screen of you shut it off or the battery dies. Iv also noticed that it will sometimes get erased if your battery percentage goes below like 20 to 15 precent. But that has only happins to me a hand full of times and I'm constantly getting that low. Wish there was a way for it to stay perminately but alass it is not. It's not that much trouble redoing it every once in a while once you get the hang of pushing em all around quickly.

9. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Open your browser (whichever it is), go to settings and type the following into the "home page" box (no spaces, no caps)...

about:blank

That will give you a blank home page.

10. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338908167.634393.jpg

If you create a blank icon, you can create a blank Home screen:

http://iempty.tooliphone.net/en/add-blank-icons-empty-slots-on-your-iphone/mode=transparent

11. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

12. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

13. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

.....agreed - but currently, I think this is the only non JB way of doing it (could be wrong?!)

14. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

jailbreak. create blank icons using iblank. restore from back up. icons remain. i know because that's what i have now. its awesome.

15. macbookflasher macrumors member

macbookflasher

blankpage

blankpage should never be shown... I ll tell you tomorrow after deleting my apps.)

16. jahoys macrumors regular

if you're JB you can install HomeSpringPage. it leaves the first page of the springboard always blank.

17. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

What an alien concept, having a blank page. ;) I have all pages filled and a dozen folders. :eek:

18. jahoys macrumors regular

its for those who like to see more of the wallpaper/background

Attached Files:

19. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I know. I was kidding, but only just a little. I'd do it, too, but I'm just too greedy. ;)

20. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Are you talking about the iPhone or iPad?

This is really weird, I've been running a blank homescreen for a long time on my iPhone 4S and never had an issue. The only time the icons went back to page 1 is when I rebooted the phone. Never had an issue with swiping to and from the Spotlight page. I only kept 2 icons and a folder down in my dock. And this is before I JB my phone.