Leaving in 3 hours - need a mic!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Michael73, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

I'm stepping on a plane in 3 hours for England for 23 hours of business meetings.

I need a way to audio record the meetings with something better than my MBPs built-in mic and Garagebands. I'll be sitting in a boardroom sized conference room with about 6-8 other people. I'm assuming I'll need something of the omnidirectional variety that I can plug in via USB with a 4' - 6' cord so that it sits in the center of the table.

I only have time to run out to the Apple Store, Best Buy or a Guitar Center which are all about 15 minutes away.

I don't care too much about price although I'd like to stay under $150 and I need this thing to be portable enough to fit into my Swiss Army backpack that carries my 15" MBP.

2. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

3. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

The price is perfect but the product video says that it's 4" diameter and the size of a softball which might be too big to fit in a backpack.

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I'm not so sure... It looks like something that Hair Spray fans would love. It is not for business meetings.

If you cannot find anything good on Amazon that you can buy in your local store (Amazon has detailed description and excellent reviews), try Dixons when you arrive at the UK airport. Your side might be even cheaper (and also duty-free).

5. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I am not sure but the snowflake by blue may work. I would still check out the snowball in store first to see if it is in fact too big to pack though.

http://www.bluemic.com/snowflake/

6. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

I bought the snowball and have been using it in conjunction with GarageBand I have to say it's worked out quite well.

The only issue that's cropped up is that at several points over the last couple of days, I've gotten a warning that the hard drive is too slow and can't keep up. At that point, even if you click ignore it appears to continue to record without problems. However, I've found that in reality it's recorded nothing past when the warning was first displayed. I've found the cure is usually, saving the file and restarting a new recording.

Can anyone tell me what's going on here? I suspect I wouldn't get this error if I switched out the OEM 320GB drive for a SSD...