Leaving in earplugs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by njust, Jan 6, 2009.

1. njust macrumors newbie

I have heard that it is bad for your ipod to leave the earplugs plugged in when the unit is turned off. Is this true?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I have never heard anything of the sort. I wouldn't worry about it as I always leave my buds plugged into my shuffle inside of my gym bag -- never an issue.

3. PirateBob macrumors newbie

PirateBob

I would actually caution against unplugging them all of the time. on one of my old ipods the audio jack got so worn out from unplugging headphones that it stopped working.

4. thornev macrumors member

If your concern is over wasting the battery, it's not leaving headphones plugged in that does that (at least not to my knowledge). What I've noticed is that if you're in the native music-playing app (which I believe is the "iPod" process), if you don't exit the app by holding the goto-home-screen button down for about 5 seconds (sorry I don't know the technical name of that button that is at the bottom of the Touch), the process stays running in the background. However, I'm not sure that that background process uses up battery time. thorne