Leaving iPhone in dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Yizi, May 8, 2009.

1. Yizi macrumors regular

Hi,

I was wondering is it bad for the iPhone to be in the dock with the power connected?

2. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

If you leave it docked for longer than 24 hours, it emits a high-pitched, shrieking wail that will curdle milk, awaken the neighborhood, and make you weep. This is expected behavior, and is a simple indication of loneliness.

No. You can't overcharge an iPhone. When it has enough, it will stop charging.

3. Yizi thread starter macrumors regular

What are you on about mate, just say no, wasting time.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I like to leave mine in my dock, because it looks nice next to my mac. :) Over charging won't happen.

5. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I am sure he didn't mean to waste that 5 seconds of your precious life. Maybe if you can't read very fast it took you 30 seconds. Regardless, he was being funny and trying to have a good time. Maybe next time you can add to your question that you will only accept short, quick, to-the-point answers and all others will be rejected.

Now look at time you caused me to waste in response to your answer to his answer... And all you had to do is quickly and politely say "Thanks". I am sorry if I wasted another minute (or three if you don't read very fast) of your precious time. I am glad that I am here just killing time. So for me I have all the time in the world...

6. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

:D Made my day - and actually I was wondering the same thing. I've heard stories of toasted iPhones or browned chrome or Apple logo, similar to those they sell at carnivals on a stick. Never believed it though. Good to know I won't burn my house down!

7. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

If there's something defective in the iPhone, sure, it might toast, but a normally functioning phone can be left in the dock full time without issue. As a slight aside, if you're using the included AC adapter, just make sure you've got the green dot version.

8. ScreamingPsycho macrumors newbie

I leave mine in my SoundDock every night. i use it as an alarm clock:D

9. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

We leave ours on the dock all night, then when we leave to go to work we plug it in the car. When it's done it will just stop charging.