Leaving PC for an iMac...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Cobra611, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

I've been a Windows user for 20 years, but I'm looking to purchase my first iMac. It makes sense for me as I have an iPhone 6s, iPad Air and multiple AppleTV's. I was hoping I could get some suggestions on the best Blu Ray drive available to add to any iMac I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

2. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

3. cincygolfgrrl macrumors 6502

cincygolfgrrl

Hmmm… You signed up for MacRumors in 2012 and you're just now thinking about getting your first Mac? I won't call you a slow learner. I retired from years of employer-mandated PCs in January 2012 and bought my first Mac a week later. I'll never look back. You probably won't either.

4. GatorGhost, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

GatorGhost macrumors regular

GatorGhost

Same with me...I retired after 20 years of using" Wintel" equipment and bought an iMac. I consider my Mac as boring after going through a couple decades of continual Microsoft drama and junky OEM computers from the usual suspects in the industry. Thusly, I find the depth of the complaints on this forum quite humorous at times.

5. Cobra611 thread starter macrumors regular

Cobra611

Signed up for this site because of the other Apple products I've owned since 2011. Switching to a Mac is more about justifying the nearly $2000 purchase to replace a product that I currently own, and works for what I need. Looking forward to to taking that next step.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

David Pogue has a great book "Switching to the Mac" which gives lots of helpful info about the differences between Windows and OSx. Not sure about BluRay drives though.