leaving SMS as unread with numbers in red circle impossible!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TwoBytes, Aug 19, 2008.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

I would like to leave some SMS unread so i can address them later.. problem is, when you get a message you are forced to either 'close or reply'. both of them mark the SMS as read.

is there a way to avoid this? I know the number in the red circle appears but i can't remember in what situations...

Thanks for any workarounds for this problem?

2. passingXstorm macrumors regular

put the phone to sleep without choosing anything I believe will do what you want.

3. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Thanks for a reply in under 1 min!

Unfortunately, doesn't work.. i switch the iphone on and the dialogue box of
    'close / reply' is still there BUT if you leave it for a minuite, that dialogue box disappears

I'm annoyed apple render your iphone useless to this problem for 1 minuite! :mad:

4. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

5. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

6. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Settings, General, Passcode Lock, Show SMS Preview

7. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

i experimented with that and all "Show SMS Preview" does is not show the body of the text. It's just a privacy option which is why it's under security. - same problem occurs and the dialogue box appears asking to close or reply and you cannot leave sms messages as unread like every other phone maker