Leaving the Forum..[Thankyou]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jamin., Feb 13, 2008.

1. jamin. macrumors regular

Hey Everyone

Just would like to say a warm T'hankyou' to everyone who has inputted into my threads and helped me with great advice and information.

I am leaving the forum because I don't think the waiting and speculation for the new MBP is doing me much good. I find myself constantly scanning all threads and wasting hours and hours just reading peoples posts. I personally don't think its doing much good. It won't make the MBP's be released any faster and 99% of what people say I find hasn't been true.

So I will resort to checking MacRumors and Apple.com every Tuesday morning, to check for an update. I do believe that living on this forum, in hope of some good news, is just making the wait seem unbearable. Hopefully by not being exposed to the latest hype and 'what ifs' and 'OMG its coming' and ':O the Apple Store is Down' type of posts I see, will make the wait easier and that way, it will be released before I know it.

Thankyou to everyone for your help. I will be back on the forums once there has been an update.

I suggest many of you just take a break from the forums for a while if you too are finding your being addicted to this forum. Refresh Rates will not make Steve release it any faster:p

Regards

2. M&M macrumors regular

M&M

3. Shua macrumors regular

I do agree with you to a point, this is a RUMOR site as well. So you need to take everything with a grain of salt.

But,

Cheers

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Wow. You certainly gave up quickly. I agree, though; hanging onto every word HOLY CRAP, MY iPHONE WORKS AGAIN! Sorry, it just came back to life! :p Anyway, hanging onto every post by every nameless, baseless speculator hour by hour is stupid. Before you go, write down the speculated release dates so that you can check on them then. I hope your wait will be shorter than mine*!

*My wait for a Mac Pro has taken me through many different product names and even a processor migration. My wait for my personal Macintosh computer has taken thirteen years and will end this summer. As such, my wait is not a typical result and should not be a standard on which to base personal wait times. :rolleyes:

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

6. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

Come on! Are you that weak???

7. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I don't come to the forum just for new rumored products but to help other people and to find help. Granted its a rumor site but to let it bother you that much is kind of lame, no offense.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

same here. i value people's expertise on these forums immensly and has helped me out way more than a couple times!

9. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

10. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

I don't understand

What is it that you're waiting for in a new MBP?

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

This is a rumours site, and if you came here looking for only concrete details, then you clearly don't know what a rumour is.

Don't forget your coat.

12. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I never really understood "I'm leaving" posts. I mean, you'll get more people's attention by leaving abruptly...if anyone notices that is.

13. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Why don't you just post sporadically in the community discussion or post pics in the picture gallery until the updates?

14. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I can relate in a different way...

It's so easy to get caught up in the frenzy here. :D Either loving/hating a product. And other things-- like I'll swear to myself not to do an update until... "x point in time" or whatnot, but seeing all these people posting raving about good updates or no troubles almost always sucks me in. :eek:

Best o' luck, OP.

Just FYI, right after the update, you might wanna wait a week or two before attempting to wade through the ensuing chaos here. ;)

15. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

You fail to realise he's the strong one :p

16. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I've been able to detach myself from this forum over the last year, having a full time job, new hobbies etc I've less time to spend on here, for that reason I will probably never say goodbye, I must admit that when I am looking for another computer I normally would be here a bit more. But if you've made your choice I wish you the best and see you on tuesday morning!:D

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, I've been trying to leave here since 2003.

18. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

Well, it's certainly not helping people like him to see on the front page forum sidebar "I KNOW WHEN THEY'RE COMING!" or something like that, only to find out that the poster has no credentials and is randomly shouting out a date.