Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yahya4k

macrumors member
May 17, 2010
For a Lebanese girl... shes average. One thing for sure, those guys (the Lebs) are nuttin like the stereotypes in the media. They are pretty fun loving, very very open minded and quite liberal.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
In the olympic team, there are several 'Americans' who were born overseas.

I know some Lebanese people and some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen are Lebanese. They are very friendly, too!

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I guess she isn't a practising muslim then...

Why not? You can be a practicing member of a religion and not follow every belief to the letter. My parents are practicing Jews but they still use electricity on the sabbath and eat pork all the time. Strictly following every rule of a religion is only for the nutjobs. She can still believe in the principles of Islam, observe holidays and pray 5 times a day without following the beliefs that says she needs to be covered from head to toe. Maybe her position as Miss USA can help show the world that Islam is not the fundamentalist whackjob religion that the media portrays it as and that you can be Muslim and still be "normal"

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Seriously, she is stunning.
gallery_photo1273132125MichiganSS_swim.jpg

Did she pee in her bikini?

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
I've always found this competition to an oxymoron of American "values". In a country that supposedly reveres social mobility and making your own way, we reward someone for a congenital condition. In a predominantly "Christian" nation, we hold a competition celebrating vanity and the sexuality that we so love to censor and repress to the point that it affects our own mental and sexual health as well as the quality of our relationships.

/threadcrap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.