LeBron James is annoying as @#%!

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Seriously, why do I need to see his opinion on everything be a news story for ESPN, whether it be retiring number, playing in nfl, annoiting the next #1 pick, dancing around, shaq saying he could coach right now, etc, etc, etc

LeBron just needs to keep his mouth shut

Anyone else annoyed by this guy lately?

I didn't like the guy much before and now I really can't stand him

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
You see him all over the place because the media (ESPN) and the NBA desperately want the next Michael Jordan. They have been looking for one since Jordan retired. I guess ESPN is hoping that if they hype him enough, he will become that "next Jordan".

He made some people around here mad this summer. He was in town for a charity fundraiser, and refused autographs, later wanted to charge for autographs, and had some people thrown out of a nightclub when they dared take a picture of him.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I agree that we don't need to know every opinion he holds but it's not Lebron's fault that everything he says/does is reported by the media. He's only answering questions that are being asked of him.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I really don't follow basketball, so I can't say that he's annoying or anything. Now that college football is all but over, I'm hardly on ESPN at this point anyways - at least until baseball starts up again.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
these questions are not being asked of him
he just offers his opinions on a whim
I'm not sure about that but if you say so...

Even still offering his opinions on things doesn't mean the reporters have to report on it. ESPN and other sporting news know that anything with his name on it mean sells, clicks, etc. so they're going the distance to hype him and whatever he does/says. To use the example you gave above a few posts up, if he said the grass is green, ESPN would report that too. That's not his fault.

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
I'm not sure about that but if you say so...
ok?
no one asked him about whether mj's number should be retired
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-pffU5Qbpg
after watching the browns lose, lebron says he could help...no one asked him
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34004020/ns/sports-nba/

him dancing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wABTvncyow

his behavior/attitude is disgusting and ESPN needs to get off their LeBron mancrush

You don't see Wade/Bryant/Nash/ other superstars making silly comments all the time

This is Terrel Owens'ness behavior by LeBron

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
ok?
no one asked him about whether mj's number should be retired
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-pffU5Qbpg
after watching the browns lose, lebron says he could help...no one asked him
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34004020/ns/sports-nba/

him dancing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wABTvncyow

his behavior/attitude is disgusting and ESPN needs to get off their LeBron mancrush

You don't see Wade/Bryant/Nash/ other superstars making silly comments all the time

LOL, I'm in agreement with you that he's an ass but I'm just not going to blame him for sharing his opinions when he's asked a question. He was asked how he felt about Michael Jordan being in the arena watching him and D-Wade. He shared that MJ was his idol and that having him in the arena was special for him and that also in his opinion the number 23 should be retired (starting with James himself changing numbers) because that's how he feels about MJ. Is it over the top? Sure, but it's his opinion and he was asked for it.

As for the Cleveland Browns thing, again he was asked his opinion on the Browns who were I believe 1-7 at the time. When he made the quote, there was more and he was trying to say how he wished he could be of help to his hometown team. Could he have cut it in the NFL had he focused more on football instead of basketball? Who knows? I've never seen him play football but he wouldn't be the first athlete who thought they could take on another sport. Give the guy a break. He has confidence in himself, he didn't commit a crime.

His dancing during the Bulls game? You'll get no argument from me. It was arrogant and very tacky.

You don't like him? Join the club, we're having a meeting at 5pm Eastern time.

All I'm trying to say is that while it may be true that he's arrogant/tacky/Terrell Owens II, having his every move reported isn't his fault. He also can't help it that ESPN and the NBA has a mancrush on him. He's living his life the way he wants and so far it seems to be working for him.

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
I guess my issue is he was asked how he felt about MJ being at the game and instead of saying its great, he gives a response saying the league should retire his number lol

Same with the browns. Instead of talking about how he wishes them the best or something, he says he could play for them lol

His responses are quite a stretch from the simple question poised to him while I agree, they are remotely related to the question asked

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I guess my issue is he was asked how he felt about MJ being at the game and instead of saying its great, he gives a response saying the league should retire his number lol

Same with the browns. Instead of talking about how he wishes them the best or something, he says he could play for them lol

His responses are quite a stretch from the simple question poised to him while I agree, they are remotely related to the question asked
Spot the common theme there? He takes a question about something else and makes the answer about him. He's so arrogant, I can't stand him.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Spot the common theme there? He takes a question about something else and makes the answer about him. He's so arrogant, I can't stand him.
From a marketing perspective, it could be seen as brilliant. You want to know about the Cleveland Browns go ask the Cleveland Browns. Same thing for MJ. You're talking to Lebron James so you're going to hear about Lebron James. If I was paying him, I'd be smiling. You think they go to the PGA tour and ask about other sports?

*** I'm done responding on Lebron. I'm usually not one of his defenders but this thread made me into one. :confused: :eek:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location

You're kidding. Shaq is one of the worst I've seen.

And to be honest, none of the examples you have given have actually bothered me much at all. Asked about MJ, and he said they should retire his number? Good. I feel the same. I felt the same way when I found out that Lebron was going to wear that number when he first started playing.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Kobe > Lebron

Until Lebron gets as many rings as Kobe, ESPN should stop kissing Lebron's ass and market Kobe as "this generation's Jordan".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.