LED ACD 24" Sudden permanent Black-out

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maan01, Aug 20, 2010.

1. maan01 macrumors newbie

My one year old ACD 24” display connected to MACPRO 2008 w/ GT 120 is not showing any image. And when I try to manually detect display it is not detected. Nor does it show up system profiler under graphics.
    All 3 usb ports work and isight and speakers to. These usb devises are all recognized in the system profiler as apple cinema devices. '

But screen remains Black ???

Unfortunately I just ran out off warranty, and with my limited trust I Danish authorized repair shop, I´m afraid off being charged the same repair price, as the cost of a new display, regardless of its being a blown fuse or broken panel.
    Have read similar descriptions of the Problem but no answers so far.

Any ideas??

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It sounds to me like you need a new LCD panel inside it. These are very expensive, maybe half or 3/4 of the cinema display's cost.

3. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Probably just a connection

This happened to mine, a refurb, but it was thankfully covered under warranty. Turns out it was as simple as taking of the glass and LCD then reconnecting all the wires. A typical Apple certified technician, which I strongly suggest using, might charge $80 US per hour. Worth it.

ON a side note does it flicker when you angle the display back and forth - mine did. THis is an even stronger indication that it's a connection that "rubs" when you rotate the display.

Good luck.