LED Backlights for iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alksion, Jan 18, 2012.

1. alksion, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone cant point me in the direction of a good LED Back light kit for my 27 iMac. I preferably want a USB one, but the one I found on Amazon seems to have horrible reveiws and doesn't turn off when the computer goes to sleep.

Any input would be great and thanks!

These Ikea ones are nice, but it seems like too much for just my iMac - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50192365/

Here are the cheap ones on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Halo-LE...1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1326962245&sr=1-1-catcorr

2. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

So I took the plunge and shelled out a whopping $10 on the cheaper Amazon one!

It comes in on Saturday and will let you know what I think. I take by the silence that most people either do not know or I have given the only cost friendly solutions.

Thanks for looking though lol

3. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I have the IKEA diode set. Had it for almost 2 yrs now. Np, with it so far, hopefully the one you bought works just as well.

4. Jayrcee, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

Jayrcee macrumors regular

Jayrcee

I use the Antec one on the back of my 24" Dell U2410. Works quite well imo. I picked mine up locally at Staples.

I use a Cyron LED lighting system on my 55" LCD TV. They are modular systems but I don't think they run off USB.

5. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

For the Antec one that I got, is there anyway to disable the light with out unplugging the USB?

6. Jayrcee macrumors regular

Jayrcee

I have mine plugged into the USB port on my monitor. It goes on and off when the monitor either powers up or sleeps.

7. alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

You say monitor, could you be more specific. I am wondering if it'll do the same with my iMac?