Led bar behind iMac/other display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bruleke, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

So, I realized that using my external monitor causes eyestrain if the lights are off.

I see lots of people using leds bar behind their external monitor and I would like to buy a green one. Maybe two or three units...

Where can I buy?
    How can I search for it on ebay? I mean, I am not a retard, but I searched for "led bar", "led bar usb", "monitor led bar" etc. but got nothing!

Can someone help me with a project?

Also, I am not sure if I opened this thread in the right section. Anyway, sorry if I am wrong.

2. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Hm. Should I say "thank you" for that huge answer that (didnt) helped me a lot?:(

3. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

you could do that, or you could use a program like F.lux to warm up your display colors to alleviate strain. of course, that won't work if you're doing something color sensitive.

4. bruleke thread starter macrumors 6502

bruleke

Thats really interesting! Will test! Thanks!

----------

Thank you, my dear fellow, but isnt there anything cheaper? 40 dollars for it? :eek:
    Also, they dont ship internationally =/

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I second the notion to use F.lux. I've been using it since my last Windows laptop and I have to say it really does help when I'm using my computer at night. Whenever I do late night Photoshop work, I just disable it and the difference it makes is instantly noticed. It may look weird to you at first, but once you get accustomed to it then you'll wonder how you got along without it.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, they do, just not from the US site. You can find your country on the main site, they cover a lot of countries:

http://www.ikea.com/

jW