led cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zhanjie, Jan 22, 2010.

1. zhanjie macrumors newbie

well i using MBP about half years times.
    that was awesome ! but the screen it really quite small for me !

planning to buy a monitor~

LED cinema display is the best?

i cant really understand the differences with other brand ~
    can someone help???:)

thank u

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Difference is price and design.

You can get better and cheaper (not much) LED screens from other vendors.

Have a look at MRoogle to see many threads about this issue.

3. zhanjie thread starter macrumors newbie

well like this ~ any suggestion ~?

4. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

i wouldn't say its the best but its very nice.
    for what its worth i would have gotten the dell U2410 ($600) if it were LED backlit.

I got my 24 inch cinema for $550 used on ebay. sometimes they are in the apple refurb store for $600.

the nice thing about the cinema is that it comes with the power adapter for the macbooks.

if you plan on using it with your macbook pro only then i would recommend it. if you want more input options get the dell U2410

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I LOVE my ACD. Nothing looks as nice as it does IMO.

It does have a webcam, speakers, and three USB ports built in. The speakers are nothing phenominal but monitor speakers never are.

The nicest thing about it (besides the screen) is the charging cable. The same cable that comes out of the back to hook to your laptop also has a laptop charger on it as well so you can power both devices with one power cord.

6. zhanjie thread starter macrumors newbie

yea ~ really mac with very stylish design ~ and it make me crazy love it !

7. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.348 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

Actually, I think the refurb offers a pretty great price for an h-ips panel with LED backlighting...

8. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Yeah $599 for the refurb is a nice deal. Full warranty and all. Very high quality monitor. The $600 monitors people refer to most like the Dell U2410 and HP have extremely variable quality compared to the ACD. The ACD does need more port and connection options though.

9. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I bought a refurb 24" Cinema Display. I am very very happy with it. It has to be the best looking monitor I have ever used. If you don't mind the glossy screen you will not be disappointed. Go with the refurbished one and save $300.00. Now I wish that I had 2 of them.

10. zhanjie thread starter macrumors newbie

11. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

:eek:

12. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

I bought mine from B&H Photo for $827.0 I new power adapter for a MBP is around $80 so I didn't have to buy an extra one of those as I would have without this display. It's very nice how the ACD connects to the MBP. Plus it looks great, excellent picture quality. Contrary to what some people think this is actually not abad price for a display of this quality and size. The other monitors I was considering were all in the $1000 price range.

13. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

That is exactly what I did just very recently. My refurbished ACD came in absolutely spotless. It was really interesting that after reading all about the reflection, I didn't see any until the monitor was off or when I was looking at a completely black background. The ACD really is an outstanding unit and at the refurbished price I believe it is actually a very good deal.