LED display shadows (video inc.)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spirokettaa, Jun 4, 2008.

1. spirokettaa macrumors newbie

2. PDE macrumors 68020

It's so common that Apple often calls it 'within specifications'. Most defects have become 'within spec' in recent years by virtue of their ubiquity. Seriously, with the exception of a few units, I haven't seen a MBP display that doesn't have some sort of shadowing somewhere.

3. amarcus macrumors 6502

Explain to the idiot...

Sorry, I don't really have a keen eye for these things. Maybe its the youtube quality but can someone point out what exactly is wrong?

Thanks!

Adam

4. spirokettaa thread starter macrumors newbie

the bottom of display has shadows and grey spots. Video quality is not to good to see them. But if you take white google page and start to move it you will notice these shadows. Especially they hit the eyes when i scroll the page. I have also notice that display which doesnt have this yellow problemmos, they have backlight bleeding at the bottom. That backlight bleeding cover these yellow spots.

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I can clearly see it even with the bad video quality. The bottom left and right especially looks like dark cloudly mucus and I say just get it exchanged that looks horrible.

6. elmz macrumors regular

I'm not sure if I have the same issue. But when I boot into XP I can see shadows where the 3 screws on the left side of the screen are screwed in too tight...if you know what I mean. I only see it when booting into XP during that period where the screen is black. I hate seeing it...yuck! My MBP isn't perfect...