LED flash for Alerts! 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 700-Grizz, Sep 19, 2014.

1. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

I have the LED ON so it will flash when receiving messages ect....

It does NOT work--On the wifes 6+ it works perfect, seems silly to take it back for that but looks like I may have to. Any one else having issue with it?

2. DVDxR macrumors regular

Dumb question but have you tested to see if the flash works at all?

3. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

Yes works perfect, it will flash when I get a email or whatever just not when I get a text message lol--my 5 did and my wife 6+ will flash when receiving a text but mine wont lol. Guess Ill do a restore first, seems really odd

4. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

And just to be sure, is your phone sleeping when it receives the alert. It may not flash if the phone is awake.

5. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

Iphone 6. Same issue. The flash works fine but it's not working for notifications

----------

Just checked after I read your post. When the phone is locked it just worked but when the screen is on it doesn't. I can't remember but I bought it worked on my 5 when the screen is on. Can't check it now unfortunately because it's smashed.

6. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it won't flash if you have the screen on. Because it is assumed that you are looking at it/holding the phone...

7. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

Correct it will only flash when screen is locked! I restored with fresh IOS8 and it still does not work! I already talked to apple and they have one waiting for me. Sounds like simple software driven, but I guess its not. My other Iphone 6+ flashes just fine when a text comes in as well as the other 2 Iphone 5's I had--very weird.

8. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

I just figured it out---In notifications I had the show on lock OFF--It needs to be ON and it will flash.. I dont like my text alerts showing up when locked so I will live with it, glad I figured it out.