LED of power G5 trouble with "no trouble"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by always G5, May 11, 2010.

1. always G5 macrumors newbie

HI,
    My dual core 2.3 G5 has no problem until now but after I cleaned the inside,three of seven led on the logic board begin to keep lighting all the time which they should just flash once when the power on.Apple says led 3,4,5 just keep lighting when the air deflector is not in place,but I tried lots of times,whatever the deflector is in or not,the led 3,4,5 still lighting.the machine works fine,no problem but it just bothering me,anyone know any about it?

2. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Are fans speeds up when you remove air deflector? If so, you don't have to bother with LEDs (you can reset SMU - according to service source - and see what happens with LEDs), if not - it indicates air deflector sensor malfunction.

3. always G5 thread starter macrumors newbie

No,no different. Yes,that make sense,thanks a lot! But how could I repair the deflector sensor? I even don't know where is it.

4. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

See attachment for location of this sensor. Maybe its cable had dropped out only (quite possible)?
    To access it (cable), you need to remove CPU, PSU cover and PSU (AFAIR). I don't remember now where other end of this cable going, but try to check its connection yourself. Look on Scribd for the full service source.

Attached Files:

5. always G5 thread starter macrumors newbie