LED Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by buckeye17, Nov 19, 2008.

1. buckeye17 macrumors member

Does the new LED Macbook screen have a bluish tint to it? I just got a nice Dell and I like everything about it except for the blue dominance of the LED screen as opposed to the warmer (pink/red) hue to my 2707WFP. I'm thinking about getting a Macbook, but I don't want something with the gross blue/white aura to it.

2. svndmvn Guest

3. buckeye17 thread starter macrumors member

Yes but I believe even calibrating can't fully compensate for the "blue nature" of LEDS vs the redder look of CCFLs...

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

No blue tint to me *shrug*

If anything, it was a pain to get rid of the yellow tint =\

5. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    Mine looks great- "warm" enough. I also can't understand why people keep dismissing the new MacBook over the LED screen on the MacBook Air. I have both, and there is NOT any real difference from straight on. Who needs the angled view to be great, it's a 1 man, or woman computer....

6. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

NOOOOOOO~~~~! Not another thread on the AL-MB screen... It's going no where, stop please :eek:

7. buckeye17 thread starter macrumors member

Ahhhh I don't want this thread to turn into a screen bashing one... I just want to know if the screen is bluish.

8. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

a little. I applied a color profile from an earlier thread and am very satisfied with the result.

9. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

It's subjective. Either way, you can always use the calibrate function under to change it to your satisfaction.