Led Zeppelin coming to iTunes

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
On a day of big news for iTunes (3 Billions songs sold) even more good news.

Check out this from the Guardian.

The Guardian said:
Led Zeppelin join the net generation

Veteran rockers Led Zeppelin, who have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide, are to enter the modern age and offer an album of specially selected tracks to download on the internet.

Mothership, a collection including 'Stairway to Heaven', 'Whole Lotta Love' and 'Dazed and Confused', will be available on Apple's iTunes and is the band's first venture into selling on the internet. Only the Beatles' back catalogue, along with Radiohead, remain substantial iTunes refusniks.

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones have chosen the tracks themselves. Mothership will be available online on 12 November.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Meh, I'd prefer all the albums rather than a compilation...

I already have most but it would be nice to update the artwork with some high quality stuff rather than the pics I found on the internet...

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
agreed. They should do something like Plant did with Nine Lives. Remaster the entire catalog plus some live bootlegs, etc.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It's a foot in the door, given time i believe the entire back catalog will be availbe for purchase on the iTunes Store.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Page is out for the money, the whole catalog will be on line soon. Don't forget that he gave P Diddy the Kasmir sample.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Led Zeppelin is absolutely amazing, however I don't buy music from the itunes store but this is good news!

Best band ever :D

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
Best band ever :D
Without a doubt.

Page is out for the money, the whole catalog will be on line soon. Don't forget that he gave P Diddy the Kasmir sample.
Well, when he performed come with me live with P Diddy on Saturday Night Live it was an amazing performance.

Awesome. Thanks for the link.