OS X Left 4 Dead 2 not working with Logitech Rumblepad 2?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Norkusa, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Norkusa, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

Norkusa macrumors member

Norkusa

Just bought L4D2 on Steam but I can't get it working with my Logitech Rumblepad 2 USB controller. I enabled "gamepad" in the games Keyboard/Mouse settings and tried to edit controller the buttons but I can't get it configured properly. It looks like all the all the buttons are edited the way I want them but when I try to play the game, my character just starts spinning around & doing random actions like melee and reloading. :confused:

I rarely game on Mac/PC but it seems like I'm doing everything properly. Do I need to get a controller config file for the game? I also noticed that there's no camera control movement options in the keyboard/mouse setting options. Is there any way to configure Logitech Rumblepads with this game or am I out of luck? Using an early 2013 rMBP w/ Mavericks.

2. cyberbro macrumors member

cyberbro

I can't get it to work with a PS3 controller either.

3. pscl macrumors 6502

dudes... its a fps... use keyboard and mouse.

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I know its not the answer you are hoping for, but after using different controllers, I just got an xbox controller. It seems to be supported in pretty much all titles, except very old ones.

5. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

Make sure you have the controller plugged in before you launch any game. Other than that, I've got no further advice.

The Rumblepad 2 should be working "out of the box" with no tweaks or files needed.

However, I also switched to a wired xbox 360 controller for gaming, so I can't test if it's something with Mavericks and confirm it should be working for you.