Left 4 Dead freezing issue!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Laxex Valentine, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Laxex Valentine macrumors newbie

I just downloaded Left 4 Dead, and when I am playing through single player the game will randomly freeze at points, audio will loop and it will not respond. A window will pop open telling me that the game is not responding and prompts me to end it. I am running on Windows XP SP3, on a Macbook 2.4Ghz 2 GBS of Ram, Geforce 9400m. I do not know what is causing it. Please help! Thanks!

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

maybe update the drivers of your macbook? I belive they can use the drivers at http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html

good luck

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had this problem on my Macbook too, my older iMac is fine with it FWIW. It only happens around the start of the game though and it doesn't crash - just hangs for 5-10 seconds. I haven't fixed it either.

4. Laxex Valentine thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey! Thanks for your help! I found out how to fix it. If you head to video --> advanced settings --> then multicore "rendering?" --> disable the multicore rendering. That should fix the freezing in Left 4 Dead.

5. Shreckman macrumors newbie

Anyone know how to fix the freezing problem if you are running a cider of the game in Mac OS?

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yes, play it on Bootcamp.