left 4 dead on unibody macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dipdip, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Dipdip macrumors member

Has anyone tried this yet? How smoothly does it run in boot camp? This will be one of the big selling points for me personally.

2. Azagar macrumors member

Azagar

Can't give you information on how Left 4 Dead plays on Boot Camp since I don't own it, but the two games I do play I push to max settings and they handle perfectly. They are Spore and Final Fantasy 11, granted these may not be as graphic intensive as L4D.

3. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Runs great, just like every other game based on the Source engine.

I'm using an early 2008 Macbook Pro and it runs with a consant 40 - 70 fps, 2xAA, 4xAF, all settings high except shaders set to medium.

4. pnyc macrumors 6502

It runs pretty well with high settings on my friend's new MBP you should have no issues with it.

5. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

sorry to thread jack but i see you play ff11 and i couldn't PM you because your posts were so few; but what levels/race/nation/server are you?

ampidire of midgardsormr, windy rank 8, taru male, 75smn/70blm/40whm/37cor/28nin/25bst/19rng/10dnc/etc.. you?

6. snake101st macrumors regular

L4d runs fine for me, I had everything at the highest and it ran fine, but I kept getting 2-5 second stutters so I put aa on 2 and shaders on medium.

7. Azagar macrumors member

Azagar

I am on the Unicorn server; Azagar 75thf/60nin/40war/37mnk/17blm/12whm don't really get much playtime though as you can tell with only one 75.

8. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

i'm in the same boat, but i never liked any job enough to get it to 75, i quit for about a year and when i came back everyone had like 4 or 5 75's, before everyone just had 1 or 2, it was so weird... and iunno... just totally different game; all the ToAU stuff was out, nobody partied anymore, especially not with smn's... it was sad ; ;

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Run's great, though I don't use AA or AF. I prefer frame rates to eye candy.