Left CMD key sticking

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by crucius, Oct 3, 2015.

1. crucius macrumors regular

This is happening. I'm concerned that it will get worse over time, but would rather prefer not to have it repaired because probably I would be getting a refurb.

2. micqo macrumors member

Return it! I was having same issue with enter key with my last MacBook which I returned.

3. crucius thread starter macrumors regular

Right, here in Portugal it is a nuisance because there are no Apple Stores and some authorised repairers are very incompetent.

4. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I'm having a similar issue, though it doesn't sound quite the same. It kind of feels like it's got something keeping it from moving smoothly and makes a sort of "crinkly" sounding noise. Almost like I spilled something stick in it. (And I absolutely did NOT do that.) But, like you, I don't really want to return it since I don't want a refurb and I'd rather not deal with reinstalling and the like.

5. micqo macrumors member

Well, if you have a new Mac you should think what u like to do with it. Do u want to repair it or can u live with issue. You may call to Apple and speak them to try solve the issue with them and/or retail :)

6. crucius thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly. Although this is not the only issue I'm having with it, if I hold the computer by one side near the trackpad it makes a sort of creaking sound that is very worrying. And also, I can't be without the computer for more than one or two days I'm afraid.