Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hari-bhari

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Occasionally I can hear my left fan rattling like its hitting something or off axis. This is exacerbated when I pick up or tilt the laptop. A few smacks to the bottom gets rid of it. Anyone else having this issue?

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
yup, but hitting mine doesn't stop it. It keeps getting worse. Right now at idle (2000 rpm) it sounds like a diesel truck. as it gets faster, the frequency rises, and becomes like a buzzing. I'm going back friday to exchange it.

hari-bhari

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
just found a similar thread on apple discussion forums.

im always hesitant to get an exchange because of the problems the new one might have.

right now mine has a loud spacebar and this fan whirring noise, but otherwise its ok and i dont want to exchange for a crappy screen or something.

jhu2

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
well my mbp has the loose battery cover, crooked keys, sleep issued happened once, and a loose hinge...so yeah I think I'm willing to risk it. I'm gonna stay there until I get the one I want if there are more problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.