Left Handed Issue with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geauxmac, Sep 21, 2012.

1. geauxmac macrumors newbie

I have always held my phone where it rests on my pinkie finger. Being left handed, when I hold the iPhone 5, my finger is blocking the speaker resulting in muffled sound. Anyone else having this issue? Guess I need to try holding it differently!:p

2. darster Suspended

I'm left handed and incapable of making such mental mistakes.

3. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

I'm left handed and it hasn't been a problem for me. Yet.

4. jlover macrumors newbie

I think all of you overlook some point -
    1. For right handlers, they will hold the phone with left hand while do other work by their right hand. Same as left handlers will hold the phone on right hand.
    2. I am in Asia there we have smaller hand size.

That is why I'm in trouble with my 5c now. Pls see it is serious issue at another side of the world.

----------

I post in wrong thread.:(

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

How come Asia is fuelling the rise in massive screens, if you all have small hands?

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Sounds like you figured it out all by yourself!:p

7. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Bend your pinkie so it rests in the middle of the phone.

8. exizeo macrumors regular

Well...nice generalizing assumption. I bet that's why the iPhone (small) still sells like hotcakes there.

Also, if you try to hold a phablet with it resting against the palm of your hand with thumb/pinky on either side, it does fit. But true-one-handed use is difficult.

My hands are smaller, but I still like the iPhone over all other phones.

Also, regarding how to hold it...thumb on left, four fingers on the right, holding the phone?

9. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I'm right handed but use my iPhone primarily in my left hand, no idea why. I have never had an issue. Not sure how to really describe how I hold it, thumb on the left side of the screen, rest of fingers on the back of the phone and the pinky slightly bent on the back/bottom of the phone so the speakers aren't covered. Then again I've been told I have long alien like fingers so maybe that's why I don't have a problem :p

Edit: Didn't realize I am replying to a 2 year old thread and I'm hoping the OP has figured out how to hold his phone by now. xD

10. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I've read it before in news articles. Why do you think Samsung et al have been providing large screen phones for years? If they were mere Apple copyists they wouldn't have done. Asians demand larger screens, and I was just wondering why when the OP stated that all Asians have small hands...