Left-handed users (with watch on right wrist) - Impressions?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by matthew23, Apr 24, 2015.

1. matthew23 macrumors regular

I am a lefty and wear watches on the right. I was worried a bit about the AW because to wear it on the right you have to wear it "upside-down" (crown on bottom left). I thought this might look weird and was planning to just wear it the "normal" way on the right wrist and just reach over the watch with my left hand to use it. But after trying it out "upside-down" on my right hand, its actually not that bad....

What does everyone else think and how are you using it??

2. Fidget77 macrumors newbie

I'm a lefty too, when i tried it on in the store, they told me I can adjust the screen orientation so that the crown is on the top. I think there's enough customizability between the screen and the band that this will work. I'll know for sure once I get it in my hands... any minute now, come on UPS!

3. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I am left handed and i wear watches on my left.

4. EriCKY macrumors member

5. redmachine macrumors member

Left handed, wearing mine on the right, with digital crown on the right. No problems.

6. TheLastOfConnor macrumors member

I'm right handed but wear my watch on my right wrist too. Once you've setup the crown orientation, you don't notice a difference.

7. MagicTorch macrumors member

Another lefty here & I always wear a watch on my right hand. Set the watch up for use on the right hand, with the Digital Crown on top (so crown facing towards my elbow), but it felt awkward trying to use the crown.

I've now changed the setting to have the crown on the bottom (so facing towards my hand), but that meant the strap (classic buckle) was the 'wrong way around'..it did not look right & was awkward to take on & off..so I've swapped the each piece of the strap around & all seems good.

It was not as easy as I thought it would be to remove the strap. I have a sports strap on order & plan to switch between classic & sports as and when appropriate (formal / casual), but I'm a little worried I could end up scratching the stainless steel if I swap the strap over on a regular basis.

8. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I'm a right handed guy and I like to wear my watch on the right hand typically but I think I actually like it more on the left hand which is really weird to me.

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Left-handed users (with watch on right wrist) - Impressions?

Got my Watch about two hours ago!

I wear my Watch on the right wrist with the crown to the right of the face. I found it more comfortable for me to turn the crown with my thumb that it was with my index finger, so I went from crown on the left to crown on the right.

10. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

Working well!

Here's the Dexcom glucose meter app along with the Dexcom unit.

[​IMG]

11. matthew23 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've gone back and forth and definitely think I think the crown on the bottom punted towards my right hand. I thought I'd like it the other way but think it is more comfortable this way. I wonder if your average Joe will notice it's upside down…

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

I'm wearing mine like that too and it's already my new normal!

Pardon me for asking a stupid off topic question but the last time I had to monitor my blood sugar levels was 10 years ago when I had gestational diabetes. I had to endure tiny wounds in my finger tips and all that. Does that app and machine now mean it's possible to check your blood sugar without having to get blood drops? Is it accurate if it is? Both of my parents are diabetic and still use their old needle type testers. And I might be heading that way again, unfortunately, even though I've tried to keep fit.

Ah, nevermind. Google is my friend! That's a really cool device and app.

13. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I'm already used to wearing it with the crown bottom right. It doesn't look bad at all either.

14. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

How does that effect the mic and speaker? And are they opposite crown or on same side?

15. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I'm a lefty wearing the watch on my right with the crown on the left side. Also, I flipped the band so that the loop closes to the outside so that it doesn't look upside down to others.

16. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

I love it. :) I calibrate it twice a day; you can do it more often if you like. I'm type 2, so I was already managing it well before I conceived. But I bet it'd be useful for GD as well. I highly recommend it.

The fingerstick meters aren't as bad as they used to be, especially if you use small lancets.

17. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Lefty, and I like it much better like this. Oddly enough I do not use the crown for scrolling that much.

Attached Files:

18. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Thanks so much for sharing that this device exists. I have a lot to discuss with my parents and with my doc about this.

19. innominato5090 macrumors 6502

innominato5090

It's totally fine to wear it on the right wrist.

Remember to swap the two bands before wearing, thought! (e.g., if you're getting the fluoroelastomer band, the half with the pin should be at the top)

20. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

no issues at all on right wrist...works just as well as if it was on the left. I also flipped the straps so the buckle is on the top of the watch

I think you are going to find this is not a good idea...the crown is there for a reason and it works perfectly.

Attached Files:

21. jaydee24601 macrumors regular

I have never worn a watch on my right wrist until now -- I too am a south paw -- it's nice to have the option, so I'm giving it a try too!

22. lilvenom macrumors member

aside from the crown and button, are there any other mics or speakers that are affected by being left handed and wearing the watch "upside down" on the right wrist?