Left in the Lurch by UPS Error...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ryanclbryant, May 28, 2015.

1. Ryanclbryant macrumors member

Ryanclbryant

Have been waiting on my leather loop strap since I ordered it on Apr 26 - took a few days to decide that I did want a second strap. It was finally shipped just over a week ago and was set to arrive last Thursday, when I wouldn't be home so I had UPS take it to the access point and I would stop by after work to pick it up, easy.

Shortly before I left work I got a notification that the package had been delivered to the access point so all seemed set. Checking the tracking info shows the package has actually been delievered to an "Albert" (I don't know any Albert). When I got to the access point they didn't have anything and directed me to UPS. I filed a claim on Friday and haven't heard a peep since. Seems I've heard of a few cases of similar issues on this forum recently.. Anyone know what I should expect?

2. Ryxmd macrumors regular

I had a package (non Apple product) from UPS that I redirected to an access point last week also. When I stopped by, they couldn't find it. I checked tracking and it said it was delivered to access point. I had to go back to access point and convince them to search for it and they finally found it after 10mins. Maybe "Albert" works at the access point?

3. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Sorry if stupid question, but what is an access point?

Is the the same as a UPS Store or UPS distribution center here in the US? (Noticed the original post is located in Canada)

4. kjm18 macrumors 6502

kjm18

This is from UPS

Our network of UPS Access Point™ locations enable fast, efficient, and convenient parcel retrieval from a retail outlet such as a newsagent or grocery store. You can also drop off labelled and pre-paid UPS Returns® parcels at any UPS Access Point.

For greater flexibility to ensure you receive your package at a time that suits you, select this alternate delivery option when ordering online from participating shippers. UPS Access Point locations often operate extended opening hours including evenings and weekends.

----------

This is how I got my apple watch delivered with no issues except for the scanner not scanning the box due to the shape of the box and location of the label to be scanned

5. Ryanclbryant thread starter macrumors member

Ryanclbryant

That was my original thought, when I was there I asked if there was maybe an Albert working there, but no luck. UPS reached out to me this afternoon. It seems the driver is claiming that despite my Access Point request they delivered my package to my neighbours downstairs. (Really??)
    I know the people who live at the address the driver claims to have delievered to; there is no Albert and the neighbour doesn't have it.

I'm guessing the driver is probably very happy with himself. Still no news on what UPS plans to do about things.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I would contact Apple and see if they can do something from their end.

7. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Ugh... sorry you have to deal with that. :(

If you haven't already, I would also contact Apple. Doesn't hurt to at least see what advice they offer. I'm sure with millions of orders they have dealt with this before too.