Left iphone 4s in the sun, will it be okay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by C.J.S, Apr 18, 2014.

1. C.J.S, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014

C.J.S macrumors newbie

I've only had the phone for a couple of days, so this might just be me being a bit paranoid. But I put my phone on to charge last night, and without thinking put it it on a table near the back patio sliding glass door, screen side up. I came down at about 10:30 this morning and noticed that it was in the sun, I took it off charge and it felt a bit hot, but it cooled down after a few minutes. There was no message saying that it had overheated or anything, but my worry is if the prolonged contact with sun light could have faded the screen slightly? As this can be known to happen. Or would the fact it was behind glass mean it's not a problem, due to it perhaps absorbing the majority of the UV radiation? Also could the battery performance have been slightly impeded by getting hot? Thanks in advance

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I've had my phone bake on the beach to the point that it displayed the "iPhone must cool down to be used" message.

It was fine, and this has happened a couple of times.

5. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Once is fine, do it too much and your phone will get skin cancer.

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

If it's fine as of your posting of the question it doesn't seem likely that it will develope any problems upon cooling down.

8. rattler macrumors member

It'll be fine. If it got hot enough to damage the phone, you would've gotten the overheating message and it would've shut down. As for the UV rays- if screens were sensitive to sunlight then people wouldn't be using their phones outside :p