Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkgti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
@Daremo - ;) (Edited, ty)

He was just stoked that I was so happy. I gave him a hug and thanked him about 20 times and he didnt want a reward. I did however direct him to my website and told him to pick out some shirts and I'd send them to him for free when I get back to the states. He said he didnt want a reward, but if I wanted to give him a present he will accept it haha. Kind of gives you that warm and fuzzy. And thanks to everyone who offered input and solutions/kind words. :apple:

boxstboy

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2009
Is this a real post or a troll? Left an iphone in a Korean cab and wondering if you could get it back? That's like saying I left a steak in a lion cage at the zoo yesterday, do you think it's still there??? Not trying to be a smarta** but come on, common sense prevails here, I think.

TheCheapGeek

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
What reason would someone put the time into making a post about loosing a phone and then waste more time to post that he received it. I don't see anyway this could be a troll post, unless it was a super long winded attempt to spam the board with his shirt site, and that unlikely. Good story, glad you got your iPhone back.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
for one thing none of those are countries they are all cities

and secondly

Left your iphone in a cab in Korea?
You can forget about it, you're not getting it back.

in that question/statement the implication is clear. he isn't getting it back not because he left it in a cab but because it was a cab in korea

The PC crew have arrived...

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
What reason would someone put the time into making a post about loosing a phone and then waste more time to post that he received it. I don't see anyway this could be a troll post, unless it was a super long winded attempt to spam the board with his shirt site, and that unlikely. Good story, glad you got your iPhone back.

Since the OP never gave a link to the shirt site, I find it hard to believe she was trolling.

i'm about as politically incorrect as they come.

Oh man that's a good one!

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
Sorry about that. I left my wallet in a Korean cab while studying abroad. Was hoping the cab driver would be nice an return it but it never showed up.

But another MR user here did the same thing as you and the cab driver went down his contact list and called his Korean friend. Hopefully you have some Korean numbers in your contact list. But even if you do there is a slim chance you'll get it back.

I lived in Japan for a few years. I don't know why, but there are tons of stories of people leaving their purse and wallet, and it seems to always get back. Generally there's a rule in Japan that you must give 10% of the worth as reward to the finder.

But in most countries (and especially the USA) if you lost something expensive, it's Finders Keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.