Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hieveryone, Apr 29, 2018.
I left my iPhone X in front of the space heater and when I came back it was hot.
Is it ok
Not enough details here. When you say you left it front of the heater, was it hot to the touch Or did you get a message on the iPhone indicating your phone was overheating? How long did you leave it in front of the heater? How was it acting now that you are using it since it’s cooled down? I’m assuming if you are using it currently, there are no issues.
Every day another crisis.
It's working normally = It's OK.
It's not working normally = It's not OK.
Was thinking the same thing---
I welcome him to my ignore list.
You should be the one telling us if it is OK. How would we know?
I say it's not OK
I say it depends on how long it was left by the space heater. But it sounds like if it's working fine now then it's okay and no harm done.
Is this a brain teaser?
Honest answer - time will tell. Just like with water damage, a working device when removed from danger is not necessarily going to be a working device in a months time.
Is it possible it's fine? Sure it is.
Is it possible the extreme heat has melted some vital glue somewhere that's decreasing it's IP67 (or whatever rating it has), allowing something to move a tad when it shouldn't, or even altered the chemical balance of the battery? Yup - that also.
No one here can tell you a yes/no answer. Time will though.
It’s no wonder how you have already used two AppleCare incidents on your iPhone 8.
You tell us.
I left my iPhone 5 on top of a radiator once for about 30 minutes. It didn't seem to cause any damage but heat generally isn't good for batteries.
As long as you don't keep doing it, it'll be fine.
I don’t know. You tell us.
Maybe. Give us a hint...
Move it away from the heater and see if it cools down.