Left/right arrow key stickers...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sammich, Apr 1, 2017.

1. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

...that give me back (the feel of) half-height left/right arrow keys?

I have a 2016 MBP.

The number of times I've hit the up arrow instead of the down, or vice-versa because you can't feel the difference between the two.

Basically, I think I'm looking for something that I can stick over either the top half of the L/R keys or the bottom half of the L/R keys and the U/D ones as well.

No, I'm not sanding down my keys. And the solution can't so thick it touches the screen with the lid closed.

2. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

How about sticking a square of electrical tape or something similar over your desired buttons? Or a very thin layer of Sugru?

Don't hold me responsible if you try these and they damage your laptop ;)

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

4. sammich thread starter macrumors 601

sammich

Those crossed my mind, but I'm fairly certain that electrical tape is way too thin. Thanks, though. I'd love to see if I can sand down the keys but I'd need to make sure I can get replacement keycaps from Apple...

Not sure how this helps me.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Then you can remap the keys to your liking!

6. weoifgjweoifwejfoi macrumors newbie

weoifgjweoifwejfoi

@sammich : ugh yeah this new arrow key setup is so terrible. Between 1) the space between the bezel of the mac and the down arrow key feeling indistinguishable from the space between the down key and the up key and the space between the up arrow key and the shift key, and 2) the left and right arrows not having empty space above them which is tactile, it is so hard to find these keys by touch!

Did you find any tactile solution that worked?