Left side getting VERY hot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Oct 19, 2008.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hi. I have a new MacBook Pro, but I'm not really using that one yet. Instead, I'm using my old 2.5GHz Penryn. I've noticed lately that mine, as well as my friend's 2.4GHz model Penryn, get's quite hot around the Magsafe port, and the magsafe brick also gets extremely hot. It didn't use to do this. Does anyone know why?:confused:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Energy is lost in the form of heat converting AC power to DC power. The Airport Card is on the left side as well and not to mention the majority of the heat producing components.

3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I must admit that this only happens at my school campus (when I'm using wireless to connect to the network). But I'm not doing anything extensive though. Writing code and compiling is just about the extent of my use there. And isnt' the wireless in the hinge in the rubber bit?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Airport card itself is in the body of the laptop on the left side.

5. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

i unno if this helps but i also have the new mbp and my left side gets super hot

from what i hear, heat = good (almost) right?
    cause basically 'lets you know' that the heat is being dispersed?

oh and according to istats, my temp stays around 50 celcius (itunes, safari, mail, widgets) 60C aperture and maybe/sometimes 70C during wc3

6. Manzari-King macrumors newbie

Me too...

I have been having this same problem for the last 2 weeks. Not only the bottom of the computer is hot there, The metal under the Escape key to the B key is very hot. I also realized that the fan blows very lightly on the right, but ferociously (exaggeration) on the left. If anyone knows if this is normal, (or if it isn't) can help me fix it please reply. Thanks