Left side of 3GS screen unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eawmp1, Jun 25, 2009.

1. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Got 2 3GS's on the 19th. My wife's has an unresponsive strip on the left side of the touchscreen, making the "Q" on the keyboard useless, and in landscape mode, the bottom line.

We're off the the Apple Store tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone else has this problem. P.S. an Incase Slider case as well as an antiglare screen protector are on the phone, if that makes a difference.

2. murf'n'surf macrumors member

I had the same deal on my 1st gen phone but it was the bottom of the screen. I was able to use the space bar if I flexed the case really hard. I think it was due to some moisture damage. Good luck.

3. eawmp1 thread starter macrumors 601

eawmp1

Apple replaced the phone with a new service model. Original sent back to HQ for quality control review.

4. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

The same thing happened to my 3gs last night. Went to go and open up messages and I was like wtf. All along the left side icons and keyboard are useless. Going to the apple store today and hopefully it wont be busy so I can have it replaced. Its killing me not being able to txt and use my most used apps which are all on the left side of the screen. :rolleyes:

5. eron macrumors 6502