Left side of iPhone 3GS doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshelton, Jul 1, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I just bought my 32GB iPhone 3GS yesterday. The icons on the left side seem to get stuck. Sometimes they acknowledge the touch and sometimes they don't. When I type a message, some of the letters don't work at all; mainly the "W" and the "S". WTF?

Brand new from Best Buy. Oh yeah, what is the green sticker on the box?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try a restore. Otherwise take it back to the store.

3. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did. Thanks though

4. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

Same thing happened to my week old 3GS on sunday. Took it to the apple store, and there is a bulletin that the connector from the digitizer to the board easily get disconnected because they were not properly connected at the factory, they opened mine up re-connected it and put what was needed and i was good to go all fixed up! :D

5. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

That's a lie, no apple employees are allowed to do that - That's why they send it directly to the factory..

6. TheNewsPaperBoy macrumors regular

TheNewsPaperBoy

They did it to mine! I didn't have to have mine replaced, they reconnected a faulty connector.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

8. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm so stupid! I can't believe this! Do you realize what I have done by opening a new thread?!? I am so sorry everyone!

God be with us...

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Chill! This forum is a vast repository of information, immediately available to those willing to use it. Chances are, you are not the only person to have your issue or your question. Whan you add to an existing thread, all information about that issue/question can be found in one place (as opposed to bits and pieces scattered throughout). Everyone has something to offer here, but we will all take more away if we work together. OBTW - if you read the forum rules, new threads on already posted topics are frowned upon:

"Failing to search. If you have a question, it may already have been asked and answered in the forums. If you have an issue to discuss, there may already be a discussion about it. Set a good example by searching for existing threads before starting a new thread. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a previous relevant thread. "

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules ;)

10. bakerster macrumors regular

the green sticker denotes that it has the updated power adapter. the old ones used to make the metal things fall out. or something.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, well make sure you tell all the rest of the people making the multiple posts what you told this guy. I really don't fault him for making this new post, because perhaps he DID search for the post, but just didn't find it. IDK. Anyway, lucky he's NOT new, because you didn't make him feel very welcome.

12. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, okay. Heal the world. I apologize.

eawmp1, sorry for not taking more time to search. I had never really thought about multiple threads on the same topic making it harder to search on down the line. Point taken.

iphone.aggie, thanks for taking up for me.

I'll return the iPhone to Best Buy this afternoon and see what they can do.

13. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I feel a group hug coming on.

Trust me, I am forward, but I wasn't trying to be an ass. :eek: There are some on here who would flame you as you type if you "break the rules" (in their mind).

OBTW - iphone.aggie - pretty prolific poster for a noob.

14. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

iPhone.aggie nows the time to post the bunny pics. Lol