Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joneszee954

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Anyone have the touchscreen on their phone not work? today when I turned on my phone I noticed the whole left side isn't responding to touch. I tried turning it off and on but it doesn't get better. Should I try a hard reset to see if it works then.
Finally, if that doesn't work I am guessing its off to the Apple store where I bought it. The problem is I have had the phone for 36 days now, passed my 30 day warranty. Do you think they would still exchange it for me, or give me a hard time.
any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jase2008

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Scotland UK
Anyone have the touchscreen on their phone not work? today when I turned on my phone I noticed the whole left side isn't responding to touch. I tried turning it off and on but it doesn't get better. Should I try a hard reset to see if it works then.
Finally, if that doesn't work I am guessing its off to the Apple store where I bought it. The problem is I have had the phone for 36 days now, passed my 30 day warranty. Do you think they would still exchange it for me, or give me a hard time.
any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well here in the uk at least, my iPhone 3G died after the 30 day period and O2 just sent me a brand new one out in the post and took the old one back.

It really shouldnt be an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.