Left side USB port bad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by butters149, Aug 28, 2011.

1. butters149 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Just wondering if my left side usb port is bad on my MBA 11"? It won't recognize my external hard drive, but when I plug it into the right side then I see my external hard drive. Would apple give me a brand new laptop or a refurbished one? Also I just bought this brand new on Thursday.

Thanks,

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If you bought it less than 14 days ago, you'll get a new one. They probably don't even have refurbs to give out yet.

3. rkahl macrumors 65816

You will get a new one if you have a defective unit within 30 days of purchase.

4. butters149 thread starter macrumors 6502

Would I have to bring the box and everything in?

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I don't think so. They'll just pull out a new one out of the box and keep everything except the laptop. You have your receipt, right? :D

6. rkahl macrumors 65816

Yes, take in everything if you have it. That way your serial number matches the box when you go to sell it.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You mean I get to charge extra for a cardboard box with a matching serial number? :confused:

:D

When they gave me a new one I wasn't expecting to exchange it, so I only brought the laptop (no charger, no box, nothing). They just pulled out a new one and we did an even swap. I think the serial numbers appeared in the receipt. I have to check.