Left to Right Swiping for iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cherish, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Cherish macrumors member

Those having iPhone 6 Plus with average size hands, are you able to swipe from the left edge to right comfortably while holding your phone on your right hand?

E.g. in Safari, Mail, Notes back function.

2. Cherish thread starter macrumors member

300 views but no replies. I guess left to right edge swiping gesture is not doable on the 6 Plus?

3. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

If you stretch it is. It feels great with the curved glass though

4. J.C macrumors 6502

Anyone can do it comfortably if the phone is supported by resting on your fingers/hand, rather than wrapping your fingers right around to grip the phone. I have large hands and if I wrap my fingertips right around to the side of the phone, then that type of gesture is quite uncomfortable. It's one of the adjustments you learn to make. At first it can be a little irritating but you'll soon find it natural. And yep, swipe gestures feel great with the curved edged to the display.

5. Angel841 macrumors newbie

No I can't. I need to use the phone with both hands. I even started using the phone without a case because of this. I love the screen and battery life of the 6 plus(10 or 11.5 hrs of usage)but is way too big. Still have my iPhone 5 that I use around the house and I think it's the perfect size for a phone.

6. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

you weren't getting replies because its a ridiculous topic.

Yes, of course I can swipe fully across the screen of the 6+.....I'm not a child, I have regular adult sized hands and know how to properly hold things.

7. Cherish thread starter macrumors member

I'm asking whether it's comfortable to use left to right gesture on the 6 Plus while gripping the phone on your right hand, not whether you can fully swipe across.

If you think it's a ridiculous topic, why did you even bother to reply when it's already on the 2nd page?

8. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

It really depends on how I hold it. In my normal holding position, I cant. That's with the right corner in my palm, and the left corner held with my pinky or ring finger. This is the way I can type and also reach the home button. I can reach the edge of the display, but I can't reliably swipe a page because I think the middle of my thumb falls on the screen, so I doesn't register. It's actually easier for me to just double tap the home button and hit the back button. Reachability is very useful for me when I want to use it one handed but also have access to the home button.

I have another way of holding it with it resting on top of my fingertips, but only when I feel safe enough to. This way I can reach most of the screen, but can't reach the home button. And other times I just use two hands. Surprisingly, with all these adjustments I have to make, they weren't hard at all to get used to.