Legend of Grimrock Crashes in Bootcamp (Work around)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Washac, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Washac, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

I have installed Legend of Grimrock under Bootcamp Windows 7 Mac Pro, it all starts to run OK but then after a shortwhile in gameplay - Crash black screen.

EDIT - Played around with the graphics settings, put them all to medium and all seems OK now.

2. Marucins macrumors member

Marucins

SOLVED - put them all settings to medium? SOLVED??
    Are you kidding?

Unacceptable

3. Washac, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Well I was not going to answer this but...............

Edit : Line removed, it can be seen below but I have retracted it, it was unnecesary and uncalled for.

Now running it under Bootcamp can cause issues, because the program is running in an unnative enviroment, Edit : Incorrect statement, sorry.

Games come with options, these options are there to get the game working at its best in its own enviroment. So changing the graphics settings in the games options screen got the game working for me under Bootcamp, my problem is SOLVED. Edit : Not solved as has been suggested but a workaround.

4. julus macrumors newbie

Sorry but thats hardly a solution, you can call it workaround, but not solution.
    I can run the game inside OSX via wineskin at max details.

Black screen has been already discussed on grimrock forums - solutions - update gpu drivers and if ati, disable forced anti-aliasing.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

A Mac running Windows via Bootcamp is no different than Windows on a PC. It is not an "unnative environment." "Bootcamp" is just some software to partition the Windows install and a bunch of drivers.

6. Kasalic macrumors regular

+1 for wineskin install, worked flawlessly and plays very smoothly at 1680x1050 on my MBP, I will eventually put Bootcamp on here but every game I can get to work without having to reboot is a bonus.

7. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

Wish I had it working in Wineskin, I had to put it in Bootcamp as I am one of people who just gets the black screen :(

----------

Sorry, glad you sort of explained that I had always assumed/thought that is was an emulation thing.